Andrea Di Cesare
With us at the MEG: Andrea managed or participated in several research lines during his 4 years postdoctoral fellow at the MEG: Antibiotic resistance in the environment, Relationship between antibiotic resistant and virulent environmental and clinical strains, Horizontal Gene Transfer (HGT) in environmental strains.He worked on the spread of antibiotic resistance at the molecular level in human gut, marine, and freshwater environments. His gal was to understand the role of antibiotic (AB) resistant strains/traits in natural bacterial communities, to evaluate HGT mechanisms, and to study the fitness cost AB-related accessories genes. Andrea is from September 2017 Associated Researcher at the University of Genoa within the group leaded by Carla Pruzzo and Luigi Vezzulli, and is bringing on a number of collaborations with the MEG!
Publications with the MEG:
- A Di Cesare, EM Eckert, M Rogora, G Corno. Rainfall increases the abundance of antibiotic resistance genes within a riverine microbial community. Environmental Pollution. pii: S0269-7491(16)32742-7. DOI: 10.1016/j.envpol.2017.04.036.
- A Turolla, R Sabatino, D Fontaneto, EM Eckert, N Colinas, G Corno, B Citterio, F Biavasco, M Antonelli, A Mauro, G Mangiaterra, A Di Cesare. Defence strategies and antibiotic resistance gene abundance in enterococci under stress by exposure to low doses of peracetic acid. Chemosphere. 185: 480-488.
- C Callieri, S Amalfitano, G Corno, A Di Cesare, R Bertoni, E Eckert. The microbiome associated with two Synechococcus ribotypes at different levels of ecological interaction. Journal of Phycology (online early)
- L Di Sante, G Morroni, A Brenciani, C Vignaroli, A Antonelli, MM D’Andrea, A Di cCesare et al. pHTβ-promoted mobilization of non-conjugative resistance plasmids from Enterococcus faecium to Enterococcus faecalis. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 72 (9):2447-2453
- A Di Cesare, D Fontaneto, J Doppelbauer, G Corno. Fitness and recovery of bacterial communities and antibiotic resistance genes in urban wastewaters exposed to classical disinfection treatments. Environmental Science & Technology. Just Accepted Manuscript. DOI: 10.1021/acs.est.6b02268
- EM Eckert, A Di Cesare, B Stenzel, D Fontaneto, G Corno. Daphnia as a refuge for an antibiotic resistance gene in an experimental freshwater community. Science of the Total Environment. 571: 77-81.
- A Di Cesare, C Losasso, L Barco, EM Eckert, D Conficoni, G Sarasini, G Corno, A Ricci. Diverse distribution of Toxin-Antitoxin II systems in Salmonella enterica serovars. Scientific Report 6: 28759; doi: 10.1038/srep28759.
- A Di Cesare, EM Eckert, G Corno. Co-selection of antibiotic and heavy metal resistance in freshwater bacteria. Journal of Limnology 75(S2): 59-66.
- A Di Cesare, EM Eckert, S D'Urso, R Bertoni, DC Gillan, R Wattiez, G Corno Co-occurrence of integrase 1, antibiotic and heavy metal resistance genes in municipal wastewater treatment plants. Water Research 94: 208-214.
- D Conficoni, C Losasso, E Cortini, A Di Cesare, V Cibin, V Giaccone, G Corno, and A Ricci. Resistance to Biocides in Listeria monocytogenes Collected in Meat-Processing Environments. Frontiers in Microbiology 7:1627.
- Morroni G, Di Cesare A, Di Sante L, Brenciani A, Vignaroli C, Pasquaroli S, Giovanetti E, Sabatino R, Rossi L, Magnani M, Biavasco F. Enterococcus faecium ST17 from Coastal Marine Sediment Carrying Transferable Multidrug Resistance Plasmids. Microbial Drug Resistance doi:10.1089/mdr.2015.0222.
- Constitutive presence of antibiotic resistance genes within the bacterial community of a large subalpine lake. Mol Ecol 2015 Jun 28. doi: 10.1111/mec.13293. Di Cesare Andrea, Eckert Ester Maria, Teruggi Alessia, Fontaneto Diego, Bertoni Roberto, Callieri Cristiana, Corno Gianluca.